By Rose Klein
Greene Publishing, Inc.
Madison County native John Troyer is pleased to announce there will be a Unity Rally on Saturday, November 15. The time is set for 2 p.m. and the location is yet to be determined. This event will not be connected to any church or denomination, special interest or political party. All events, including refreshments, will be completely free-of-charge.
This Unity Rally is the brainchild of Troyer, who began brainstorming on how to unify the citizens of Madison County ever since he returned to the area 20 years ago. His vision is to bring people together, “to fulfill the part of the Martin Luther King, Jr. dream that he didn’t get to see while alive.” Troyer says his heart is for the people of Madison to come together as a people in the hopes that all Madisonians can enjoy a better quality of life.
Some of the events planned so far include:
- Healthcare Booths – to include blood pressure checks, blood glucose checks, cholesterol screening
- Professional Information – on smoking cessation, family planning, domestic violence related issues, mental health issues
- Family Agencies – for those needing help with utility bills, childcare, etc.
- Give-Aways – school supplies for students, produce and canned goods
- Children’s Events – including an old-fashioned puppet show
- Musical Entertainment – Miss Callie Buchanan, the daughter of former Madison County residents Jerry and Teena Buchanan, will sing and celebrate with those in attendance.
Troyer says he welcomes any input, advice, counseling, criticism and definitely any volunteers to help with the organization of the Unity Rally. Donations toward the event can be given to Madison County Community Bank under the name of John Edward Troyer, Unity Rally, 2014. Any organizations, agencies or individuals wishing to contribute to the rally can contact Troyer at (850) 929-4131 or email at email@example.com.