You are here

Two fires in one night

The Madison County fire departments were busy the night of Monday, July 27 as two fire calls came in within 20 minutes of each other. The first call was for a house fire at 244 NE Kennedy Terrace at 9:30 p.m. The second call was for a tractor-trailer that caught fire on Interstate 10 near mile marker 251 at 9:50 p.m. According to the report, the house fire was caused by a cooking mishap with hot grease. There were two occupants at the home at the time of the fire. One occupant extinguished the fire by the time Madison Fire Rescue arrived. The second occupant received hot grease burns to the foot and hand. Madison County EMS transported the patient to the EMS station and had them flown to Shands of Gainesville for treatment.

The fire caused damage to the stovetop and hood area of the kitchen and there was smoke damage throughout the house. Names of the occupants were not available. According to the report, the tractor-trailer fire started near the rear brakes on the trailer and was caused by overheated rear brakes or tires. The driver was able to detach from the trailer when the fire started. No injuries were reported. Greenville Volunteer Fire Department was the first to arrive on scene and was assisted by Madison Fire Rescue. The fire was under control in an hour but the trailer was a total loss. After the fire was extinguished, fire units stayed on scene for several more hours as the trailer was cleaned up. Madison County Sheriff’s Office and Florida Highway Patrol assisted with traffic control.

Share this:

Related posts

error: right click disabled!!