You are here

Recall Update: IKEA recalls Patrull nightlight

The Swedish retail company IKEA and the Consumer Products Safety Commission has issued a recall for nearly half a million IKEA Patrull nightlights sold in the U.S and Canada as well as worldwide between August 2013 and July 2015, at IKEA stores nationwide and online at The light’s transparent plastic cover can pop off, exposing the electrical parts underneath. In an incident reported from Austria, a child received a minor shock and hand injury when attempting to unplug a light after the cover had come off, but there have been no reports of injuries here in the states. The nightlight, controlled by a sensor that turns the light on when the room is dark and off when the room is light, looks like a large, button-shaped, multifaceted shining jewel about 2 ½ inches across – a transparent plastic dome in white, pink or orange, attached to a white rectangle that plugs directly into the wall. It is this transparent plastic dome that can detach, causing all the trouble. IKEA urges consumers to stop using the light immediately and return it to the point of purchase for a refund. For questions or more information about store locations or how to return a light purchased online, contact IKEA toll-free at 888-966-4532 or go online at and click on Press Room at the bottom of the page, then Product Recalls at the top of the next page for more information.

[inpost_fancy thumb_width="200" thumb_height="200" post_id="3790" thumb_margin_left="0" thumb_margin_bottom="0" thumb_border_radius="2" thumb_shadow="0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)" id="" random="0" group="0" border="" show_in_popup="0" album_cover="" album_cover_width="200" album_cover_height="200" popup_width="800" popup_max_height="600" popup_title="Gallery" type="fancy" sc_id="sc1440765146968"]

1.Photo Submitted. Looking like a large glowing button, the IKEA Patrull nightlight, mounted on a small base, plugs into any outlet. The problem is that the cover can pop off, exposing the electrical components beneath and posing a shock hazard.

Share this:

Related posts

error: right click disabled!!