You are here

Grease fire

**web**IMG_0810

Greene Publishing, Inc. Photo By Cheltsie Holbrook, July 26, 2016

Shortly before 3 p.m., on Tuesday, July 26, the Madison 911 Center received a report of a grease fire in the kitchen of a home on Hwy 14, just south of the railroad tracks. The home owner attempted to smother the fire but was not successful. Fire units from Madison and New Home responded and found that the fire had gone up to the attic and created dense smoke throughout the attic. The firefighters were able to contain the fire to the area of the carport end of the home. The Red Cross was contacted to assist the residents. Madison County EMS were on scene, keeping the fire staff hydrated with plenty of water and were available to provide any other medical-related assistance. Madison County Sheriff's Office deputies were needed for traffic control, as the south bound lane of Hwy 14 was blocked by emergency apparatus.

Share this:

Related posts