You are here
Front Page 

FIRE: School bus catches fire

John Willoughby: Greene Publishing, Inc.

On the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 8, Madison Fire Rescue (MFR) responded to a school bus fire within the city limits of Madison.

According to MFR, first responders were dispatched at 7:12 a.m. and arrived on scene at 7:15 a.m. A member of New Home Volunteer Fire Department was present to help contain the fire. Greenville Volunteer Fire Department was en route but was canceled due to the short amount of time it took MFR to extinguish the fire. The bus was stopped at the intersection of Base St. and Duval St., in Madison. MFR finished the call at 7:54 a.m.

The fire was caused due to an electrical malfunction. No injuries were reported.

Share this:

Related posts

error: right click disabled!!