You are here
Front Page 

Fire destroys mobile home

webfire

Greene Publishing, Inc. Photo By Emerald G. Parsons, October 7, 2016

A rental home, belonging to Carlyle Ragans, caught fire on Friday, Oct. 7 around 12:57 p.m. The home, located on Chilkat St., in Lee, was already fully engulfed when first responders from the Lee Volunteer Fire Department arrived on scene. Madison Fire Rescue brought out a truck to help subdue the flames, the Florida Forestry Service provided a 6,000 gallon water tanker, and both Cherry Lake and Pinetta Volunteer Fire Departments provided back up assistance. Despite their combined efforts, the home was a complete loss. It is speculated that the fire was caused by electrical issues that involved a heater being used in the living room.  The home's resident was present at the time of the fire, but responded appropriately to the scenario and safely exited the residence without injuries. Madison Fire Rescue left the scene at 2:33 p.m.

Share this:

Related posts