You are here

Birdsong Peanuts catches on fire

A passing motorist called in a fire at Birdsong Peanuts after dark on Sunday, September 13. According to the Madison Fire Rescue report, the fire was at the vaporizers that are near the propane storage tanks. Madison Fire Rescue arrived on scene first and assessed the scene. The Lee Volunteer Fire Department deployed a handline to keep the propane tanks cool until the shutoff valve to the tanks were closed. A tanker of back up water supply was requested from the Pinetta Volunteer Fire Department. The tanker from Greenville Volunteer Fire Department was cancelled en route. Once the shutoff valve to the tanks were closed, the fire got much smaller and reduced the hazard to the propane tanks. Lee units stayed on scene until the fire finished burning the gas that was still in the vaporizer. The report states that the cause was possibly an issue with the gas vaporizer and Birdsong Peanuts had gas maintenance staff en route. No injuries were reported.

Share this:

Related posts

error: right click disabled!!