Fire Destroys HomeApr 10th, 2012 | By Jacob | Category: Front Page
By Jacob Bembry
Greene Publishing, Inc.
The Delores Rodriguez family, living at 722 SE Camelot Way, east of Lee, lost their home and their belongings in a fire that occurred early Monday morning, April 9.
According to Lee Volunteer Fire Department Chief Reese Thomas, the call went out at 4:58 a.m. Lee got tanker support from Madison Fire & Rescue and the Pinetta Volunteer Fire Department.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they saw that the northwest corner of the house and the back of the house were fully engulfed in flames.
Part of the living room and part of one bedroom were saved but it was deemed unfit to be lived in because of fire damage.
Firefighters fought the blaze for over five hours before it was completely put outt,
The Red Cross was notified and they provided assistance to the family.
Rodriguez’s husband was checked out by Madison County EMS after suffering from the effects of the smoke. Her mother and another woman were also checked out by EMS.
The State Fire Marshal determined that faulty wiring was the cause of the blaze.
In addition to the Pinetta and Madison Fire departments and EMS, the Madison County Sheriff’s Office also assisted at the scene.
“We appreciate everyone’s help,” Thomas said. “It was a team effort.”