Madison Fire Units Respond To Call At Day Care CenterJan 28th, 2011 | By Submitted | Category: Front Page
On Thursday, January 27, 2011 shortly before 4 p.m., a structure fire was reported to the Madison County 911 Center. City of Madison fire units were dispatched to the Little Dreamers Day Care, located at the intersection of Dinkins and Range in downtown
An overheating exhaust fan in the ceiling of the bathroom was found to be the source of the smoke. All students and staff had safely evacuated the building and were at their pre-arranged meeting site across the street from the facility.
The faulty fan was removed and the smoke blown from the building by fire personnel. The Madison Police Department and the Madison County Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene.