Public Hearings To Dominate School Board MeetingJul 15th, 2011 | By Jacob | Category: Front Page
Greene Publishing, Inc.
A passel of public hearings will dominate the Madison County School Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, July 19.
Among the myriad topics, which will be up for public discussion, will be the employee health insurance, employee use of social media, employment of athletic coaches for the year, use of sick leave for family members and animals on campus.
Other items, which will be the subject of public hearings, include policy revisions to include:
- Adult education
- Appointment of employment requirements
- Substitute teachers
- Probationary status for non-instructional personnel
- District certificates
- Staff training
- Assessment of employees
- Safety regulationsOther items on the agenda include screening school volunteers, personnel changes, staffing table revisions, school zone/district transfers, GED requests, overnight field trips and out-of-state trips.
Items on the consent agenda include:
- Minutes of the previous meetings materials and supplies
- Reimbursing the employing district for the salary, benefits and travel expenses of the vision teacher for services provided to students in the cooperating district. Salary and benefits are based on the Jefferson County School Board contract for instructional employees. Travel will be based on a rate of $.445 per mile for a total of 58 miles per day or actual mileage, whichever is greater. The employing district will invoice the cooperating district for services to be provided for up to 300 hours per year.
- To provide a certified time sheet for payroll purposes.
- To provide program and staff supervision in the cooperating district.
The agreement will be on the consent agenda at Tuesday evening’s Madison County School Board meeting. Bill Brumfield, Jefferson County School Superintendent, and Shirley Washington, chairman of the Jefferson County School Board, have already signed it.