Jefferson County Teacher To Help Madison County Visually-Impaired StudentJul 15th, 2011 | By Jacob | Category: Front Page
Greene Publishing, Inc.
Madison and Jefferson Counties are scheduled to re-enter into an agreement for participation in a multi-district program for the visually impaired at the July 19 meeting of the Madison County School Board.
Judy Wallace, from Jefferson County, is employed by that county as an instructor for the visually-impaired. Madison County has one student who falls into that category and they are asking Jefferson County to once again provide Wallace’s services.
Jefferson County is listed on the proposed agreement as the employing district and Madison is listed as the cooperating district.
According to the agreement, Jefferson County’s responsibilities will include:
- Employing a qualified teacher for the visually impaired; and
- Providing program and staff supervision in the employing district.
According to the agreement, Madison County’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing transportation for the student enrolled in the program
- Providing student evaluation data for consideration of eligibility including parent notification of due process and all required documentation for staffing
- Providing appropriate instructional space,
- An agreement with Jefferson County for participation in a multi-district program for the visually impaired
- An agreement with the Early Learning Coalition of the Big Bend region for voluntary pre-Kindergarten education program from 2011-2012
- An agreement for the inter-county transfer of exceptional students with Hamilton County for 2011-2012
- An agreement with Behavior Management Consultants, Inc. for students with disabilities
- An agreement for participation in the PAEC Risk Management Consortium for 2011-2012
- A contract for Educational Services with Twin Oaks, Tova & RAMC
- An agreement with North Florida Workforce Development Board to provide facility space for adult basic education and/or GED prep classes
- Addendum to safe schools/Healthy Student Project Contract with Apalachee Center, Inc. for services remuneration
- Award Milk Bid for 2011-2012