The Greater Madison County Chamber of Commerce recently named tri-County Family Health Care Chamber Member of the Month for July.
Tri-County Family Health Care is a private, non-profit community health center associated with North Florida Medical Centers, Inc. Tri-County is based in Greenville and has been serving Madison County for more than 20 years. Dr. Elizabeth “Liz” Hengstebeck, D.O. has been the primary care physician at Tri-County for nearly seven years and she is committed to providing the finest comprehensive and affordable health care for you and your entire family. Hengstebeck received her medical degree from Michigan State University. Before that, she had received her Bachelor’s degree from Madonna University in Livonia, Mich. After a stint in the Navy, she and her husband, Brian O’Connell, moved to Madison. O’Connell is the president of St. Leo University.
One Tri-County patient recalled, “I needed a doctor that listens, understands and works with me…and I found her!” The dedicated staff at Tri-County includes:
• Center Manager – Shawn Hamm, MPH. Hamm hails from Cocoa Beach. He is a graduate of Florida State University with a bachelor’s degree in Biology (with minors in Chemistry and Psychology.) He received his Master’s degree in Public Health from FSU.
• Nurse – Helen Hudson, LPN. Before going to work for Tri-County in Greenville, she worked as a midwife in Madison. Originally from Boston, Mass., she is widowed and has no children. The rest of her family is in Massachusetts.
• Medical Assistant – Kimberly Jackson, MA, She has worked at Tri-County for approximately three years. She graduated from the Patient Care Technician (PCT) program at North Florida Community College. She and her husband, Joseph, have two little boys. Jakori and Jakobi. She was named Medical Support of the Year for North Florida Medical Centers, Inc. She said that the reason she enjoys working at Tri-County is “the hometown atmosphere. You know everybody.”
• Receptionist/Medical Assistant – Ann Marie Thigpen, MA, She grew up in Boston, Mass., before moving to Jefferson County while she was in high school. She and her husband, Tommy, have six children between them. She completed her medical assistant program online She began working at Tri-County in Greenville 2000 before transferring to the Mayo clinic in 2009. She returned to the Greenville clinic on Valentine’s Day 2011.
Tri-County provides a wide range of services, despite being located in a rural, medically underserved area. Our services primarily focus on and consist of:
• Family Medicine
• Pediatrics – Newborn to 18 years
• Geriatrics – Senior Care
• Women’s Health/Gynecology
• Chronic Disease Education & Awareness
• Annual Physicals
• Diagnostic Labs
• School and Sports Physicals – offered to our established patients only.
Tri-County accepts most major insurances, including Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Medicare and Medicaid, which make up 67% of our patient base. *
As the only federally qualified health center (FQHC) in Madison County, they provide highly efficient and cost-effective care for the entire family, generating significant savings for our community. There are a number of benefits associated with being our patient, including:
• Slide Fee Program for the uninsured – patients saved over $250,000 or 82% of their total medical charges in 2009. *
• Discount Prescription Program – patients saved over $100,000 on prescriptions in 2010. *
• Waiver of annual Medicare deductible – Medicare patients saved over $34,000 in 2010. *
At Tri-County Family Health Care one gets the quality health care expected in a larger city, such as Tallahassee, without the long drive. Tri-County has been utilizing an integrated electronic health record patient management program for nearly seven years, which allows us to provide overall coordinated care and faster, more accurate patient interactions. We offer evening office hours on Thursdays until 7 p.m. for working families and same day scheduling to prevent unnecessary emergency room visits.
Even though they are located just 15 minutes from Madison, many patients travel from surrounding counties and Georgia to see Dr. “Liz” for their primary health care needs. Tri-County invites you and your family to experience all that Tri-County has to offer and help them continue to build healthy lifestyles and a healthier community in Madison County.