LATE EVENING STRUCTURE FIRE IN MADISONFeb 11th, 2011 | By Submitted | Category: Front Page
By Pat Lightcap
Shortly before 10 p.m. on Thursday, February 10, a structure fire was reported at 275 NW Sumter Street in Madison. The two residents had heard a popping noise and thought it was material burning in the fireplace. A little later they saw smoke coming from around the fireplace and called the 911 dispatch center prior to evacuating the home. Madison Fire/Rescue responded with three trucks and contained the fire to the attic and wall area. However there was smoke and water damage but no injuries. Madison Police personnel also assisted at the scene.